Wednesday 14 March 2007

In case you're reading this and didn't know...

I'm back in Kansas for a visit. I had a project for my classes that I could do here in the States and then we have off a month for spring break, which is nice. I will be here until April 5. So far, I'm enjoying being back-I don't especially want to go back, which is very sad. I've wanted to live in England for YEARS! And now, I want to go back to Kansas. It's funny, you always think that there is something better out there and there may be and I don't know it yet, but Kansas will always be home. I still love England and maybe when I'm less high maintenance, I can live there. I still love my internship and my roommate and I love being able to get on a train and run down to London, but we're far more spoiled here in the States, so I will stop taking it for granted and no one better ever trash Walmart in my presence because I will set them straight. From what I have been forced to pay in England for everyday items is a crime and I had to go to three stores before I could find standard medical tape-tape you can buy at Walmart and Dillons. But no, not in England, I had to go to an actual pharmacy and I was charged $8.00- I looked at medical tape at Walmart (even better tape) and it was $2.40. I have been enjoying the wonderful American food. I don't think I ever took American food for granted-I knew I was going to have problems in England, but it's worse than I thought.