Sunday 20 May 2007

One more week...

And I'll be back in Kansas. I'm ready-I'm seriously hungry. I'm tired of chicken (gasp!!)-that's pretty much the only thing I eat. If I get tired of it-I don't really have any backups. I'm not so much of chicken on a whole, but I'm tired of roasted or broiled chicken. I've started packing. I have four suitcases-two are staying here. I've packed two and there doesn't seem to be much of a dent in my room.

Today, we were cleaning our fish pond-actually Rich was cleaning, I was making sure the fish stayed in the bucket-silly things kept jumping out. Once the pond was drained, there were a bunch of frogs at the bottom. For being a girly-girl, I don't have problems touching frogs, toads, fish, turtles, etc so I went to pick up a frog. Rich noticed what I was doing and told me to be careful and not touch the red frog because it might be poisonous. Of course, what did I hold in my hands? A red frog. I went specificially for that one because it was red and I hadn't seen a red frog except in the zoo. England doesn't really have much "wildlife", so I didn't think it was harmful. It didn't bite me or anything and it looks exactly like the other frogs, but red. I looked it up on the internet and couldn't find one like it-it definitely isn't a Tomato frog or the Poison-Arrow frog. Maybe it's just "special."

Leeds Fashion Week is this week-it starts May 24 and runs through the weekend. I'll take lots of pictures. I have a few details to work on, but I'm mostly ready.