Friday 25 May 2007

roommate dedication...


So...who has the most awesome roommate-that would be me. I had to say goodbye to my roommate, Rich, last night. He left early this morning for Barcelona for a weekend long bachelor party. A friend of his is getting married next month. How cool would that be to be able to have your bachelor party in Spain and not have it cost that much. His flight cost less than $100. Can we even fly to KC for $100? And further more-why would we want to? It is cool to be able to fly all over Europe for cheap from England.

Anyway, Rich is kind of enough to guarantee a place for me in his home when I return in July and is also more than willing to host my mom since she is coming back with me. He is also letting me leave some of my stuff here for free. He really has been the best roommate. I was nervous about living with someone-I had been living by myself for the last three years and loved it. However, he has been a breath of fresh air: he's clean (except for leaving dirty pans in the oven-it's funny-he hides them in there), we have similar tastes in movies, he's always concerned I don't eat enough, he drops me off and picks me up from the train station, and has good taste in furniture and art, so I don't feel like I need to slowly change things.

He's been a great roommate and I'm going to miss him. I couldn't have been more blessed.