Sunday 31 August 2008

Around campus...

The other four people in my group are natural athletes, which doesn't apply to me. I'm okay with that, but considering a bike is the main mode of transportation, I figured I should practice. I had been riding the stationary bike at the Y to practice physically, but I hadn't been on a regular bike for a few years. I was super wobbly, but I went out this morning to practice and get to know the campus a little better. My bike and I are getting along better-I even made it over the speed bumps without too many problems. There are so many bikes-I kept forgetting which one is mine, so I tied a little blue ribbon on it-problem solved. I'm not brave enough yet to ride outside campus without the others. I would be an awesome driver over here-they drive anywhere and everywhere-little to no rules-I love it! Finally-a country where drivers like me can prosper! Anyway, the campus is really nice with pretty gardens and water fountains here and there.