Saturday 8 November 2008

Lots of pictures

I've been falling behind on the blogging-sorry! Things haven't slowed down much-if anything, I've been even more busy. I think Sundays are my busiest day of the week, which I don't really like. I'm used to (and enjoy) being lazy on Sundays. After Mass, I tutor a 15 year old named Tanry. He's really sweet. However, last week, his parents took me about for dumplings. I cannot get away from those things.

On Halloween, I had a party for my IELTS students at my apartment. I had an in-class party for my writing class-there's 30 of them and they won't all fit in my apartment. My IELTS students were good sports. We bobbed for apples and played the mini pumpkin pass game. They were super fascinated with the mini pumpkins and kept asking me "How do you eat them?"

I'm also including pictures from our dumpling making. I mentioned to my IELTS students that I wanted to make dumplings (this is before I tried them). Since they're crafty, they rented a room at restaurant and we were given the dough and fillings and made them ourselves. They were fun to make, but not to eat. To me, it's just wet dough with boiled eggs and carrots inside-I'll pass.

There's also pictures from English corner, which is just a place for students to practice their English. It's mostly for freshman-my students think they're too cool to go. Josh says some of the freshman have never seen a white person, so when we go, I usually just feel on display. Most students are too nervous to talk to us and just stare. Anyway, they had a special performance night and Josh and JinJing hosted.

English Corner: Josh and JinJing


English Corner, a performer


Sports Meeting Opening Ceremony (basically a big track meet)


Sports Meeting


Beijing (west train station)


Beijing


Longest staircase ever (Beijing subway)


The very disorganized Beijing West train station


Large lanterns to celebrate the university's 50th anniversary


One of three little kitties adopted by my apartment building. This is Calvin.


Calvin


The Harry Potter store in Boading


Steve taking my picture while I take his


Sunny and Sabrina


Everyone watching Vincent


Sabrina and Viola working hard on the dough


Steve being silly with a large knife with Sabrina


Lil dumpling


Finished Product


Halloween party


Sunny and Della


Punch with ice hand


Steve


Philip and Vincent (like I said, they really liked the mini pumpkins)


Peter and Bruce passing the pumpkin (the boys were really funny to watch)