Friday 8 May 2009

In the spring

Baoding is much more pretty in the spring. However, the weather is already too warm for me. It was almost 90 degrees here today, but I admit I prefer warm weather regarding my shower. It's so much better showering in the spring/summer than in winter. Now, my water stays hot much longer and even when it cools down, I don't mind.

Next Friday I'm going to be super brave and have one of my wisdom teeth extracted in Beijing. Fortunately, I was only born with 2 wisdom teeth and they're both on the right. Well, the lower one has been causing excruciating pain pretty much since I've been in China. I went to the dentist while back in the US, but the oral surgeon was booked. Anyway, the tooth is really up, so I figure they can just pull it. I'm actually looking forward to it. It's been hurting so much and I haven't been able to eat on my right side for months. I'm a little nervous about going by myself, but I'll be happy when it's all done. I figure since it's just one tooth, maybe it won't be too bad. I know quite a few people who have had teeth pulled and they didn't think it was too traumatizing. Besides, I really can't imagine it hurting much more than it does now.

Since they've been working on the road in front of our university, the guys found a human skull. I thought this was interesting and being an historian, I'm curious as to why there was a skull buried underneath the road. It doesn't rain much, so I doubt rain could have moved it. Anyway, I stole these pictures off of Josh's Facebook page. When I heard they found the skull, I went to go look for it, but couldn't find it.

Curtis and the skull


Around Beijing