Wednesday 17 December 2008

One more day!

I will pick up my mom in Beijing tomorrow!!! I'm so excited to see her and to be able to show her where I've been living the past 3 1/2 months. She's been all over Europe, so China is a new experience. I'm so happy that she will be here for Christmas-it wouldn't have felt right without her. Plus, I've missed going shopping with her and out to lunch and doing lots of girlie things.

Last Saturday-Katie, Curtis, Josh, Justin, JinJing, Sabrina, and I went to Beijing for the day. We visited 3 different American eating establishments-all were delicious. I had orange sherbet at Baskin Robbins-it was fantastic. I love sherbet and hadn't had any in many months. The ladies went to the Silk Market, while the gentlemen stayed at a giant mall and shopped. I love the Silk Market-there's so much to buy, but it's exhausting constantly bartering for prices. And, since I'm obviously a foreigner-they really try to take advantage. I think I got good prices for my purchases. It was very good day!