Thursday 4 December 2008

Thanksgiving

I've been a bad blogger and I apologize. My schedule is crazy busy until my American holiday-I'm definitely never bored.

We had a good Thanksgiving dinner. Each American teacher brought something and then we played poker. We can't find turkey here, so we had chicken. Other than that, it was pretty traditional, except for me bringing pineapple. China has fresh pineapples in winter-they're grown in the south where it's warmer and shipped north to us. I love it! I eat pineapple pretty much everyday.

I had a pizza party with my IELTS students the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Some of them had never tried pizza (gasp!). It's expensive for them, but a bargain compared to US pizza prices. I can get a large, cheese pizza for $5.00. Anyway, they all loved it and we had fun.

Last Friday, I went bowling with my IELTS students. Some of them had never been before and were super funny to watch. We had fun and now have a discount card for the bowling alley, so it's about $1.00 per game.

My mom will be here two weeks from today!! I'm so, so excited! I flew back and forth more from England, so this is a record of being away from family and friends. Plus, I've yet to see the Great Wall and will be taking her there and numerous other tourist attractions.

Vickie and Sabrina (in blue) Sorry these are blurry-taken with my phone


Sabrina and Shannon


Peter (kind of sad because his ball kept going in the gutter)


Miss Sabrina


Miss Shannon