Monday 6 April 2009

Here and there

My friend, Cassie, and I went shopping and walking around Baoding for almost 3 hours on Monday. It was a beautiful day-about 75 degrees and sunny. It was the the Tomb Sweeping holiday in China, so we didn't have class. Baoding isn't the most beautiful, but it's definitely a fun place to shop. Cassie is all about bargaining-I buy a bracelet or something for $1 and she think I paid too much. Even for costume jewelry in the States at most stores, I would pay $5 or $6, so a buck is a steal!

I'm seriously loving on the fresh fruit selections. Fruit is one of the few food groups that I'm actually brave and will try new ones-even if they look odd. It's mango season, I have had mango before, but I didn't know what it looked like on the outside. They're good, but kind of a pain to eat. I also tried yellow watermelon-it tastes just like the red, but a different color. It's delicious!

My juniors are doing their individual poster presentations. I did something very similar when I was an undergrad at WSU, so I thought it would be a fun change. However, I wonder how often they do "creative" projects. After I explained the assignment (slowly and detailed), I had 28 pairs of blank expressions staring at me. Anyway, the first five did awesome-they just worried me a bit in the beginning.

This is just down for the university-lots of places to shop


The cutest little truck ever!

Lil' van

Restaurant in Baoding-I like the building.

They are redoing the road in front of the university-it's much more quiet without all the traffic.

My yellow watermelon

Jack

Henry

Gilda (hiding behind her poster)

April

Felice