Friday 17 April 2009

TGIF

Well, the time is flying by. However, this has been a long week. I'm really glad it's the weekend and I'm headed to Beijing. I think a day of eating American food and shopping will be good for me. I'm going to TGI Fridays for chicken strips and french fries-I haven't had any since I left the States. I'm having serious withdraws.

I hung out with an American couple from another university this week-we met at the train station. We went to Sandy's for dinner. I think Sandy's is the favorite restaurant for all Baoding foreigners. Other than the staff, the restaurant was full of foreigners.

We all got together for dinner at Josh's Friday night. The others like a dish called "hot pot." Basically, you have a pot of boiling water with spices and such and you add meat, potatoes, vegetables and eat it. It's not a stew, you eat it with chopsticks. Anyway, I don't like it (shocker), so Josh kindly made me chicken.

The group eating "hot pot"

Garfield and Neville

Justin and Neville

Garfield with Garfield


Rodin

Jim

Candy

Stefanie

Michael

Lyndon

Christina