Sunday 4 February 2007

I think I'm giving up...

on British food. I can't take it anymore-I made a massive amount of food today and had to throw it all away because it was gross and it wasn't due to my baking. I bought some more of that "multipurpose" Bisquick. I wanted to make the Red Lobster biscuits. I followed the directions perfectly and they looked good, but did not taste good. It's the Bisquick-it smells funny-not old funny, but different. Our's is much better. Then, I bought this chicken that is already cooked (they have something similar at Dillons and I really like it) and you can grill it or fry or whatever. I grilled it, and it tasted fake and squishy-it wasn't good and it wasn't past it's expiration date. So, I gave the bisquits to the birds and the neighbors cat that comes to pester my fish and threw the chicken away. I'm done-I've wasted more time and money on food than I care to mention. I was so desperate the other day, I made a hamburger. I barely got it cooked because handling raw meat is traumatizing. It's sad when McDonald's sounds good.

I keep telling myself that this is a different country and, of course, things are going to be different. But you've got to be kidding? A person can only take so much horrible food before they crack. I'm a pansy, so I didn't last as long as a normal person-I'm cracking fast. I think it's funny, but I'm actually to the point, I don't know what to eat. I nibbled on a biscuit and a little piece of chicken, but that's all I've eaten today. I could go to the grocery store, but I have no idea what to buy, so there's no point. Fortunately, my mom is sending a couple survival boxes and I anxiously await their arrival (the post office better not lose them-they won't want to deal with me if they lose my food).

On cool news-Leeds has a fashion week in May and I may get to enter some Finis Opus pieces. It sounds like it's a pretty cool show-they have a runway show in the Briggate and the Corn Exchange (both shopping areas). It's for summer fashion, so I would have to start from scratch on some stuff. However, I found a place you can sew here in Leeds-it's kind of cool/weird-you can rent a machine for so much time and sew at the store. It's pretty cheap and they have some cool material-plus there's people around to help me if I need it. So, I have lots of ideas-just need to get them together. We'll see what they say...