Thursday 8 February 2007

Snow...

It's been snowing in Leeds all day, which is really rare. It's not accumulating, but it's still pretty. I took some pictures, so I will try and get some posted. I was a little nervous to drive to class in the snow-I don't know if the tires here are made for snow (since they rarely have any) or how others drive since again they're not used to. I left two hours early, so I made sure I had plenty of time. We actually got out early because my professor had to drive to Sheffield (about an hour away) and wanted to get a head start in case "the roads get a bit wicked" which is how he put it.

Thanks to Jason Steele for telling me about Amazon Grocery, I ordered a bunch of American mixes-they should be here Monday (I've been tracking them). My family also sent a couple of boxes that haven't arrived yet-the USPS better not have lost them. I mailed Josh a box December 7 and we finally got it January 10 and it cost me $40 to send it. I was so mad-I could have brought it with and saved myself the money.

A first for today was that I used the McDonald's drive thru. I didn't feel like cooking, so I broke down. Anyway, when I first pulled into the parking lot I thought "how do I do this?" It still feels really unnatural being on the right side of the car. It takes me longer to react and think about what I'm doing-for example-in the States, I lean to my right (the passenger seat) for my purse-here it took me a moment to turn left to grab money. I have numerous little obstacles like that daily-I'm sure the British think I'm challenged.