Monday 19 February 2007

Things and thoughts...

I made the Mexican food from Friday night last until today. Every bite was delicious. We also finished off the PB cookies from one of my mixes from Amazon. Amazon Grocery is actually a pretty good deal-you buy things in bulk and it isn't very expensive. It was amusing when I was ordering-the site kept sending me to the British Amazon, which was what I was trying to escape from. I don't trust the food health codes over here-I sometimes don't trust them in the States, but they are far more lenient over here, which makes me nervous. I had to throw away my Peanut Pan PB-the websites kept saying to discard it.

I'm off to Birmingham tomorrow. I was there most of yesterday. I really enjoy doing it, I just wish the commute wasn't so long. Plus, I never time it right with the buses once I'm back in Leeds. It's cheaper to take the bus because parking at the train station is very expensive (about $70 for the day) and the bus is only $4.50 for the day. Anyway, everytime I get to the bus stop, I JUST missed my bus and have to wait an eternity for the next one, which makes the day even longer. I'm not a big fan of public transportation unless it's the Underground in London.

I've decided my roommate and I have very different tastes regarding movies. To me, he rents the weirdest things. Most of them are American films, but I haven't really heard of them or they flopped at the box office and most of us don't watch them. Somehow, he finds them and brings them home. He probably thinks I watch too many chick flicks-that's usually what I rent.

By the way, please keep Josh in your thoughts and prayers. I just found out that a brother of a friend of his was killed in Iraq yesterday. I don't know the details, but it affects you more when it hits home-makes it more real.