Saturday 20 January 2007

Driving in city centre

I survived driving in city centre this evening. We wanted to go to a movie and didn't want to take the bus or a cab. I figured I bought the car for this reason and I'm going to have to drive there sometime. I know how to get most places from the rail station, so once I found it, I knew how to get to the movie theatre. I did pretty well-missed one turn, but I figured it out pretty quick. Parking was much easier than I thought it would be-the movie theatre has their own parking garage. I went down a road with no exit on the way back, but got turned around and found the motorway. Fortunately, my house isn't too far from the M621 and that is a major motorway. There are lots of signs to get there, which is a relief! I still get honked at on the round-abouts. I need to ask my roommate about driving etiquette. I don't know all of the rules and, so far, I'm making up my own, which often get me honked at.