Sunday 28 January 2007

Made it to Walmart! (actually ASDA)

My goal for this afternoon was to make it to ASDA shopping center in Pudsey. This is the largest ASDA in the area and is equivalent to our large supercenters. I mapped it out on Mapquest from my house, but there were about 6 round-abouts, so I mapped it out from Josh's, which was much easier. I actually didn't get lost-I thought I did, so I stopped for directions, but I was going the right direction. It opened at 11am and I left about 10:40 and made it by 11:10. It probably doesn't take 30 minutes to get there, but ironically, I drive slow.

As for my treasures, I found Bisquick!! I don't know if it's going to made biscuits like back home. It has pancakes on the cover, but it says mulitpurpose mix, so I'm going to look up the biscuit receipe on the internet-it just lists pancakes and scones on the box. I stocked up on chicken-found some stuff similar to what I find at Dillons. I also found Quaker caramel rice cakes-I only bought 3 little bags, but they're really good, so I will have to stock up next time. I also bought poker chips!! It's a really nice set, but I have no idea how I"m going to get them home. They're really heavy, but I'll figure it out.