Thursday 4 January 2007

Picky American eaters do not belong in England

I really, really miss Pillsbury. It may be here, I just haven't found it at Marks & Spenser, Morrison's, or Sainsbury-my last hope will be ASDA (owned by Walmart). I haven't been there yet to look, it's a lot of work to get there by bus, so I will wait until I pick up the car. I can't find white eggs either-I don't know if that is a big deal. Other than for baking, I only like scrambled eggs and I don't eat them very often, but I'm used to white eggs and they did not have them at Morrison's. Morrison's, size wise, is similiar to Dillons or Walmart. They also don't have Miracle Whip and I don't like mayonaise. The only time I would use Miracle Whip is for a cheese sandwich, which I rarely eat, but I wouldn't mind having the option. The vanilla icecream is weird, not bad, but weird. It tastes and smells like canned vanilla frosting, but cold.

However, for positive notes, I found Sunny Delight California Style (the only kind I drink) orange juice. I was very happy about that. I also found marshmallows, which aren't as common here as back home. I first searched at the Morrison's by Josh's and they were out and they were also in the candy aisle. I found them at my Morrison's, but they're French marshmallows (I haven't tasted them yet). They look like ours, but they're white and pink and kind of expensive. I paid £1.59 for one bag, which is around $3.00. I plan to make Rice Krispie treats-they do have Rice Krispies also. I found Pringles, but they taste funny. I'll probably give those to Josh, he isn't as picky as I am. I have found a variety of pastries that most people would be delighted about: chocolate eclairs, custard filled donuts, creme pastries, and so on. However, I do not like any of those, so this is why England is going to be a great diet plan. However, they have the Cadbury creme eggs out all year round-we only have them at Easter. They may be my downfall, but I can only find them by Josh's, so I will steer clear of that store.