Friday 19 January 2007

Week in London

We spent this week in London. It rained most of the week, which isn't uncommon for England, however, it was also very windy. Being from Kansas, the wind isnt a big deal, but here it brings cities to a halt. The trains were down, people were out of electricity, and apparently about 11 people were killed, but I'm not exactly sure how but wind related. These people wouldn't survive in Kansas' weather-a little wind brings them to a stop and causes havoc.

While in London, we went to the Tower of London, Tower Bridge, Tate Britain and Modern, National Gallery, Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square, Big Ben, Parliament, and just walked around. We also went South to Canterbury and Dover.

We're staying in Leeds Saturday and heading to Liverpool on Sunday.

Classes start next Thursday, which is very exciting. I hope I like them, I think I will.