Tuesday 2 January 2007

Lounge day

I hope everyone had a good New Years. Josh and I went to the Old Bridge Inn Pub-they sponsor his football (aka soccer) team. A few of teammates were there and some of their friends-everyone was very sweet and fun to hang out with. Quite the drinkers though-if my glass got below half empty-they would buy me another whether I wanted it or not. It's a sweet gesture, but I'm not much of a drinker. It was a fun New Years.

Today was a lazy day. The buses were not running, cabs are expensive on holidays, and most of the stores weren't open. We finally got to bed around 3:30am, so I slept in and just lounged around most of the day. I finally went outside around 3pm and that was just to walk to the convenient store a block away. I'll be more productive tomorrow.

Unfortunately, my car has fallen through. It had brake problems and the sellers did not know it. It was going to cost too much to fix, so I will be heading into Leeds tomorrow to check out some car places.

I got a phone Saturday, but it needs a different sim (?) card. I'm taking it back to the store, so it should be working tomorrow. I kind of have my number memorized-it has 11 digits. When I get it, I can e-mail the number. We're also working on our home phone, so once that's all figured out- it will cheaper for me to call States.